Friday 20 January 2012

*Stylist* - featured in rom1.2.3 magazine

When we arrived back from our Christmas whirlwind tour of the UK, there was a lovely little parcel waiting for us from afar. Although I don't read any Norwegian, it was wonderful to flick through the December issue of rom1.2.3 magazine which featured a story we styled, shot and wrote here in France a while ago, in fact it was originally featured in Livingetc last winter

They used a great selection of the shots, want to have a look? Grab a cup of tea and scroll down!

The story is called Winter Dreams and tells how owners Flo & Guillaume transformed a derelict carpenter's workshop into the home of their dreams here in Chamonix. They have made amazing use of the space and worked so very hard to get it looking so cosy

Did you spot the Get Smitten cushions in Flo's grey lounge? She commissioned a set of grey cashmere snowflake ones from me after agreeing to carry the line in her homewares boutique Reves d'Hiver. And the Space Cadet artwork in Simon & Charlie's room is one of my textile art pieces too

My favourite is the main bedroom shot - I just love the mix of textures on the bed. I made the yellow vintage fabric with grey velvet trim cushions specifically for this shoot. I'm thinking they'll look fab in our 'new' campervan this summer if JW manages to fix all its problems! More on that another time... there is too much snow out there for him to tinker on it at the moment

It was fun to flick through the pages of a foreign interiors mag - especially a Scandinavian one; they have such a strong design sense, or perhaps the appeal is that it is so different to the English and French ones that I am used to seeing? Either way, I can tell you it has fueled my desire to visit Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo for some design inspiration

Where have you been in Scandinavia? Where/what can you recommend for me to visit there? I feel the seeds of a trip being planted!

Lisa  x

{photos by Jeremy Wilson, styling by Lisa Pocklington, pages scanned from December 2011 rom123}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment on this? Go ahead!

Share this post with your friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails